Monday, December 27, 2010

Run the Causeway = Oh, Cra(m)p!

So my race calender says I'll be running a 10k in about 1o days... my legs say otherwise. Being off on vacation for 2 weeks has been fabulous but today was my first run in nearly 2 entire weeks. I purposely slept in until 11 this morning, forcing myself to enjoy the warmth undercovers. Until I realized how guilty I felt for not being outside enjoying the cool running weather with that nagging thought I dragged my butt out of bed and immediately began scavenging for my things.

I got to wear a couple of my new Christmas gifts, a pair of Nike running capri's which I had been oogling at the outlet mall forever and a purple nike dri -fit running tech tee (both gifts from my awesome bf). I finally charged my Garmin, strapped on my HRM grabbed my tunes, spare key and went out the door. Normally by 11:30 it would be nearly impossible to run in our Texas heat but we have been fortunate enough to have a couple of "cold" fronts blow through which made my mid morning run a possiblilty. Thank you baby Jesus.

I kept in mind the entire way that next Saturday I would be running my first 10k across Queen Isabella Causeway from Port Isabel to South Padre Island! Crap! 4 miles of that race is going to be an uphill battle. The picture below....is of the bridge....uh. yeah. Looking at it sort of terrifies me right now. : /I dont quite know how my legs are going to fare but I am gonna do it. I hope my legs dont get tight and cramp up. This morning, I pushed myself to pump out a little over a 5 mi run. 45 mins. Not bad, not good, just alright. I think I need to get in a 6 or 7 mi to reintroduce my body to running longer distances. I havent run more than 5mi since Rock N Roll SA in November. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better running day. This picture HAS to be my motivator to do better. I've place in my age division in the short races I've run so far, I want to keep my streak going.

No comments:

Post a Comment