Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Challenges for 2011

Ok so, I have come up with 2 challenges for myself for the year in addition to my goals for 2011.

Challenge #1
Run at least 1 mile a day for 364 days.

I was inspired after scanning Twitter under the #running hash tag when I came upon a user. Geez, I feel so bad cause I can't remember her handle, but she had posted something to the effect that she was on her 1234 day of running at least 1 mi or more. And I started thinking "Damn! That is a hell of a record." I don't think it should be a largely difficult challenge to complete but I have to MAKE time no matter how busy or how ugly the weather or day is.

Challenge #2
Log 1,000 miles over the course of 1 year.

Oh Sheeeeeeet. That is a big goal, especially considering I only really started to get back into the groove of running back in April of this year. Ok, ok I confess, the reason real I want to do this one is Nike has a super cute 1,000 mile club shirt. I am a material girl. I like to sport my accomplisments. I think I might just buy the shirt and not wear it until I've killed the 1,000 miles. It averages out to 2.75 miles a day. Considering challenge 1 where I'll run at least one mile a day plus training for 2 HM and possibly 4 FM, I should SHATTER this challenge and get to be part of the 1,000 mile club. :D
(If by mid year I'm 3-400 miles away from the 1k I'll increse the challenge by a few 100's)

I'll post my daily and total weekly milage each Sunday, so you guys can watch my numbers climb!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment